Tuesday, July 05, 2005

she likes pretty explosions.

So, my weekend was nice. All plans were just made up along the way. I felt as if I accomplished something altough I really did nothing...okay I'm lying, I did a lot despite the fact that I had to work on Saturday and Sunday. Friday I caught the Strawberry Mansion bridge fireworks display from Ridge Ave. I didn't go to Live 8 on Saturday because I had to work, but it's not like I wanted to go in the first place. I took Septa to work so I wouldn't lose my parking spot during the busy weekend. On the bus ride home that day, it was nuts to see so many clam-baked pedestrians on the streets. I couldn't imagine living in a place like Tokyo...that many pedestrians is intimidating. When I finally got home, I found this Cheap Trick promotional album at Philadelphia Record Exchange. Man, I love their early shit from the mid to late seventies. Too stoked about that. After that, and getting dinner at the Midtown Diner, the fireworks at the Pier were starting...we raced down Walnut on bikes, watching the show as it happened and we got to the river in time to look up at the sky with awe. Sunday, nothing much went on. Just worked and came home and helped out with some freelance inspiration. Monday night after a busy day of fun goodness, Felicia and I went to check out the last of the parade, and we stuck around for the Freedom Concert and the fireworks. "Is that Wayne Brady hosting this shit?" You know what was thinking: "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?" I didn't know Rufus Wainright would be there to perform, so that was a nice surprise.

Count that. That's three, yes three grand fireworks displays. Pretty explosions never get old.

Today, Alison and I were going to go to Eastern State Penitentiary because she has free admissions tickets. We decided we'd walk. Yeah, that was a long walk. When we got to the gate and she handed me a ticket from her bag, I said, "Wait, this says free on Wednesdays thru Saturdays." D'oh! After all of that walking in the heat, she said she'd pay for us to go in. It was closed. D'oh! We hopped on the 48 bus to 2nd St. and went to the South St. Diner and after that, we went to the Ritz East to watch Howl's Moving Castle. It was the subtitled version...and afterwards about six people out of the handful of people in the theatre complained "that on the website it said the dubbed version would be playing." What a bunch of jackasses. The manager was going to give them a free movie pass. And Alison and I stated the ridiculousness of it, and left feeling statisfied that it wasn't the dubbed version of the film. Today was a good day. I thank Alison for coming into to the city today to hang out. I had fun.

I actually have from Monday thru Friday off from work. But, I told my manager I'd gladly fill in tomorrow. It's not like I have anything else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home