Saturday, June 11, 2005

two...three...put it together now.

It's my birthday today. I'm twenty-three now. When I looked in the mirror last night, it's crazy to think that over the course of a year, I actually look older. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I think I just look tired.
Twenty-two wasn't a bad year. It was overwhelming, if anything. God. It started with meeting an awesome person. And it ended with me working in retail. In between then and now, I went on a few benders, tried a couple different diets, decided that bike riding is my exercise of choice, went on a few awful dates, and became a cat lady.
The best thing that happened to me today was getting off work early, and the manager on duty giving me a mini-rose bush. It made me smile. I spent the rest of the day trying to buy a nice pair of shorts to no avail, and biking around town getting gross and sweaty. Now I'm here. Shit. I know I don't like making big deals about my birthdays...but this year for some reason, I feel like the loneliest girl in the world. Maybe it's because I don't have anyone to take me out for a Tequila Sunrise and shitloads of Coronas to follow. So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home