Saturday, May 28, 2005

been let down before.

Out of shear boredom, I started reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. I haven't read The Fountainhead but it's not like I have a copy lying around at my disposal. So Atlas Shrugged it is. Surprisingly, it's actually quite enthralling. One-thousand pages?...fuck, it's not like I have a grand social life anyhow; my hours and evenings can be wasted in pages. Suits me fine.

I had this urge to go swimming today, not in a pool but in a lake. I don't really think there are any lakes around here, or at least not any to my knowledge. I tried to find out from various people whom have lived in Pennsylvania all their lives as to where I could find one, but they were of no avail.
Instead, I laid on the roof of the Trinity for a few hours – spaced out in a bikini top and shorts. I had no water, but at least I had sun. That is, before the brief thunder and rain storm that followed shortly after I decided to go in.

Memorial weekend has been pretty bogus thus far. I've been hanging out by myself. Alison did drop by on Thursday, but since it was a crappy day, we both just kind of sat around my house and read. Tomorrow I start working. And Monday, Katherine, Allen, Felicia and myself are going to Sheila's new house for a house-warming/Memorial Day bbq. She said that I could bring a guest, aka a significant other, but yeah there's not one of those to bring. Here's hoping for good weather, and plenty of ale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home