Wednesday, May 18, 2005

don't worry I'm not looking at you.

Yesterday afternoon, after waking up from a night of broken cell phones, bent glasses, and bleeding vaginas, I went to the Philadelphia Zoo with Alison. She had two free tickets, and seeing as how we both had nothing important to be doing, why the hell not. I refused to pay ten dollars for parking, so I parked on 39th and Girard...hell yeah. What's the point of having free tickets if you have to pay for parking?...exactly. So we had fun...or at least I did – I can't speak for Alison, but I'm sure she had fun as well, although the picture here may suggest otherwise...but she was just giving me a pissed look for taking her picture. I explained that it was all out of love. Ha. That face is classic, Alison!


alison looks po'd
Originally uploaded by cheersfortrout.



After dropping Alison off at Market East, I had to book it to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to meet Felicia for the Dalí exhibit at 6:30 pm. I got there early, so I parked at the Azalea Garden and walked up to the west end. Azaleas, being the showy shrubs of the genus Rhododendron, come in a variety of flower color and shapes...and on this particular day, the large, lovely selection at the Philadelphia Azalea Garden were no longer in bloom. Last month was the month to be in the Garden. It was still lovely nonetheless.
I waited around for about ten minutes before I decided I'd stand in line...a yeah, it was a long ass line. After I turned the first corner of the line and was near where I had first started, I spotted Felicia, and made her cut in front of me. She didn't like the idea, but she saw things my way: "Who the hell cares?...we're all going to the same place anyway."
So, I was disappointed that we were being herded into the exhibit like cattle, but all in all, it was nice to see such a vast collection of his work. I believe his ink sketches were my favorites. I didn't really care to much for the painted versions of the initial sketches, but it was nice seeing some of them side by side to see the evolution.
It was crowded. It was hot. It was annoying having to deal with the troves of people surrounding the audio tour pieces. I personally enjoyed using their headphones for my iPod. I had my own theme music for the event. It was nice.

After that, when I found Felicia again, I drove her home to Katherine's house, since she's crashing there for about two weeks. I stopped at Wawa for a sandwich. I hadn't really eaten much all day. It was delicious. Then I drove myself home after hanging out, watching CSI and Law & Order with everyone.

It was a good day, despite being menstrual.

I can't wait to get my new cell phone that I ordered sometime in between waking up and going to the zoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home