Wednesday, June 22, 2005

tangent go offs.

I lost one of my ear plugs to my shower drain, so for a while there, I was walking around with empty holes in my lobes. I didn't feel like grossing people out any more than I already had (even though I myself did/do not find my earring-less lobes offensive in any way because the holes are small...like the size of a round Bic ball point pen) so I put in a pair of older, and smaller gauge jewelry. So now, since they're not a nice tight fit against my skin, my right ear is in a perpetual state of crustiness because the earring just moves around a lot, somehow causing irritation. It's annoying.

My new lease was signed this afternoon. Yip yip! I also called my current landlord, and informed his voicemail of my situation. He left a message on mine, which was two minutes and thirteen seconds long, saying that the rent was going to be hiked up and something about the gas...blah, blah, blah...it was a painfully long, monotonous message. I sure am glad I was taking a nap when he called because it would've been worse having to actually converse with him. Nice guy, though.

Smith & Hawken writes off a shit load of products. Yesterday I took home a trash bag full of perfectly fine plants. Okay, they were a little busted. I repotted them all and hopefully they'll recover from the horror of living in a retail environment. I'm sure they will.
It was brought to my attention that I should start a small gardening company, the premise being I help rich people take care of their plants and use my design skills for small, city indoor/outdoor gardens. I don't really think that'd fly, because it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to take care of a plant, and they have landscaping designers to do design work. I do have the ability to bring a nearly dead plant back to healthy living...that's cause I'm good like that. It was a cute idea.

I feel a bit like a sell-out. What the fuck happened to graphic design? I still love creating graphic art, but I have no desire to work in a commodity driven studio. I hate marketing and advertising, too. I don't know what to do. It's not like I can just open up a studio of my own. I mean...I could, but I'd need clients that inspire me. Fuck it. I'll get back on that career path eventually.

My mom just tells me to do whatever makes me happy. I'm trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home