Thursday, July 14, 2005

it should be confessed.

I want to draw but I don't know what to draw. I have my pencils and a sketchbook on my lap at this very moment.

Alison and I went to Eastern State Penitentiary today. I forgot my camera's battery on the charger and I wanted so badly to teleport.

I've been having trouble sleeping. I don't know if it's the balmy weather, or what.

Pavement is still the greatest band of the nineties. Sonic Youth doesn't really count because they came about during the last stretch of the eighties.

I haven't gone grocery shopping in about two weeks. This forces me to use ingredients in my freezer and cupboard.

Every now and then, I feel guilty of depriving my cat of the outdoors. I'm surprised that this former street kitty likes me.

I've been missing my parents a lot lately. I miss Liz, Billie and the family pets, too.

I broke my glasses while I was trying to fix them. I hate my backup pair that I got for free so I've been wearing my contacts almost everyday.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in over a month now. I told my mom that I quit and I tell everyone else that too, but every so often I get the urge to quit quitting.

Sometimes I fear that someone I know, or knew with will see me working in retail. I'm afraid of being thought of as a failure in the eyes of others.

Sometimes I wish that someone I know, or knew will see me working in retail. I'm dying to explain to them my personal theory on happiness.

I still believe in the Renaissance. My mom said to me on the phone last night to try anything and that makes me feel good.

The light bulb in my kitchen blew out yesterday. I don't think I'm going to change the bulb because I'm moving soon.

I've been riding buses in the city every now and then to reach certain destinations. It gives me the feeling of participating and belonging but also, it makes me feel out of place.

I hate that I don't really have much say these days. I hate that when I do say something, it never comes out right.

These days, I don't really know what's important anymore. Somehow, self-interest always seems to prevail over national-interest.

I can't stand to watch the news anymore. I only watch it for the local weather but I usually can't bare to sit through all the build up in order to get to the weather, so I always end up changing immediately to the weather channel.

All my life I've had a routine with school and its related work. After a year of not being in school and not having a steady job, I feel insanely empty with not knowing what to expect from day to day.

I like to use a lot of punctuation throughout sentences. I really don't remember all the grammatical rules because I didn't really pay attention in 9th grade grammar; I still do it anyway.

I don't really like looking people in the eyes. Wearing glasses is almost like a security blanket.

Sometimes I wonder what my life would've been like had I been born a male. I envision that I would've been one of those awkward boys who fumbles with girls' under-garments and wishes he were suave.

Boys and girls that dress "emo" are starting to intimidate me and I'm not sure why. I think it's because their outward appearance gives off an air of being vain and shrewd: two characteristics that turn me off like nothing else.

I smile and I laugh a lot even though most of the time I have nothing to smile and laugh about. This somehow gives people the impression that I'm pleasant.

Gyro sandwiches are delicious. I can't even count how many I've had in the past two weeks.

I like to say that everything will turn out alright in the end. The end is inevitable and I have no idea what to do about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home