Tuesday, August 10, 2004

oh, sway.

I had to go to the post office on 9th and Dickinson this morning. Well, I didn't have to go, I needed to go...okay, maybe a little bit of both. But anyway, I didn't realize how far away that was. I wasn't expecting to cross Washington and be all up in south philly. Whatever, I needed the exercise anyway, although I was seriously considering buying a cheesesteak, but it was like ten in the morning, so I passed on the thought. While I was walking there, some dude was all, "morning sexy" I just smiled and said mornin' right back, and then he said, "yeah, you know you sexy, look at you, ughnn sway." I laughed and said, "thanks" as I carried on with my business. It made me smile down a few more blocks.

I was driving home yesterday, and sometimes I seriously don't know how I got my license. I mean, I'm actually a great driver and all, but yeah sometimes, I just kinda space out and I seriously don't know how I manage to get from point A to B. It's weird. I told Katherine and Felicia, "sorry, sometimes I don't pay attention when I drive" last week when I apparently scared the shit out of them...I obviously wasn't phased because I don't even remember what I did to scare them. It's really creepy when I start out on Kelly Drive at Midvale and somehow I end up in Center City without sideswiping cars, cause I love the left lane, and I hate breaking on curves. I guess the only way I manage is because my brain knows the route even if I'm not all there.

Yeah. I have to write a shitload of cover letters. It totally sucks that I don't believe in a generic cover letter to accompany my resume, cause I'd be done yesterday if I didn't take the time to personalize each one. But I figure that if I were the person getting the letter, I'd like to be able to get a sense of the person who wrote it simply by reading it...and so that's what I do, humourously but seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home