Wednesday, August 04, 2004

stalling idly by.

So the PPA has to be located in a part of Philly that I can't stand going to...fucking 30th Street. Okay, 31st St. but you know what I mean. Talk about heinous parking and traffic situations. And yeah, I have to go back there because like a complete ass, I forgot my proof of address...ugh.
I find myself stalling alot lately. I haven't really hung out in Center City for the past few days, (even though I live there) because I can't afford to leave my car parked on the street, and I can't afford a parking garage. I now wish that I didn't own a car. So instead, I run errands around the burbs, or go hang out with friends...and then I'll go back to the Trin when the street parking isn't regulated. At least I've learned one thing from all this parking shit: I'm a damn good parellel parker, especially for someone who never did it until about a week or so ago. Yeah, I just S-swoop in those spots, and I feel rad about myself when I find and land a sweet spot. Nerdy?...yes, I know.
I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity yesterday to avoid the parking ticket. I ruined my cowboy jeans, but whatever, I hardly wear them anyway...and I guess they got ruined for a good cause. It's depressing to be in North Philly...it's just this disintegrated area. It reminds me Detroit after the factories closed down. I don't know, it's just depressing to see dilapidated buildings, and from their structure and features, knowing how they once looked in their heyday...and knowing that it could happen to any neighborhood. It's all a part of history and evolution, but it's still fucking depressing.
I think today I'm just hanging out with Katherine since she's on vacation this week. And toworrow, we're supposed to go to some lake in Jersey, but I think it's supposed to rain again tomorrow...we'll see. And I think we're supposed to take her little sister to the zoo...which I'm kind of excited about, because in the four+ years I've lived in the greater philadelphia area, I've never gone to the zoo. I love that feeling of being a kid and the immortalness of it.
I still need a job...like madcore. I need to get on that shit asap. Oh, and I need to get laid...or at least have a hot heavy petting makeoutathon, cause I'm jonesin.

1 Comments:

Blogger CheersForTrout said...

Thanks for the info, Squirrel, I'll check into it when I'm not procrastinating. -Leslie.

August 6, 2004 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home