Saturday, August 07, 2004

cold nights make her curl.

I heard from my father this past weekend. He's recovering from his surgery in June nicely...slowly, and steadily. I'm glad he's still around. I probably would've dropped everything that I do/don't have going on and moved back in with my mom if things had gone sour...I would've hated it...I would've gone back to abusing drugs. I'm glad he's alright.

Liz moved on Friday. I'm also glad about that. As much as I hate Houston, I'm just happy that she finally moved out of that busted ass college town in northern Louisiana that she's been living in for probably the past six years. I'll have to remember to call her one of these days.

The weather has been nice and cool. I was freezing in my sleep Friday night. I actually woke up as usual at around seven a.m. and I got up like I was going to get up, but after I came back upstairs, I unpacked the blankets from my closet and crawled back in bed. For once, it's not swamp ass hot in the Trin. It's quite brisk...I need some extra body heat even with the extra blankets. But extra body heat means I'd need a second person...and yeah, that's not really happening for me. I have man plague.
Oh, so when I finally dragged my ass out of bed at around one p.m. I went downstairs to attempt to hang up some curtains, in which I failed miserably because I don't have a drill bit and apparently just trying to screw in some screws without a starter hole is impossible when you're reaching over your head...but anyway, my point is: I noticed it was a lot brighter than usual downstairs, and I was noticing that the neighbor's little patio area seemed different. Wasn't there a tree there? I go upstairs and on the roof to have a smoke and yeah, there was a tree there. I was a little sad about that. Hopefully, it went down for a reason and not just because someone wanted it down. I'll never know. And the curtains are still on the floor.

So the Trin has mice. I set a trap a few days ago, and I left and came back and it was set off, but no dice on the mouse. I was sitting on my bed and a little visitor came up the stairs and was just running around my room as I'm like, "ew, go back down in the kitchen." And at the same time, I'm like, "aw, he's so tiny." Cute little guy...too bad I'm gonna have to snap his neck...and his family's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home