Monday, December 06, 2004

she can't complain.

"Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." —Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

You know, oddly, I really don't have much to bitch about these days. It seems as if for the time being, I've got my shit together. I remember how at the beginning and end of every year, or semester I would vow to "get my shit together." It's funny how I've actually gotten it somewhat put together. I mean, I pay my bills, and I've got a pseudo-job, and yeah, I've got myself. I guess I'm halfway there...where ever there is.
Some days, I've been catching myself smiling for no particular reason. I guess this is what content feels like. I don't really have anything to worry about. It's actually a little strange because there's never been a time where I didn't have something to stress out and mope about. It's all so strange to me.

I'm really looking forward to visiting my parents. For once, I can come home bearing gifts, that I actually paid for with my own money. And I know that everyone is truely proud of me for going out on a limb by moving so far away and actually accomplishing something that they weren't sure I could handle. Their happiness will make me happy.

And Liz got me a cat. Some stray that she's been taking care of. But she took him to the vet and had him all cleaned up, so long as I promised to give it a home. So after the holidays, I'll no longer be lonely. Fuck dudes; I'm getting a cat, meow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home