Monday, November 22, 2004

a lovely mane, indeed.

Today I had the best hair day in what seems like months. I love getting new shampoo...and I love it even more when it makes me have good hair days on days when I don't blow dry my hair. When I was living with Katherine, between the two of us, we had about 30 bottles of shampoo. No lie. Okay, for awhile there, we had a problem with buying shampoo. But sometimes, you just need new shampoo, because if one isn't working for you, then you don't continue using it...you just gotta get some more and find out what works. Right? Right.
Last nite, I was telling her how great my hair felt, so this morning, she went out and bought the shampoo and showered before work, and she then agreed that John Frieda is a genius.
Today was just a good day, simply because my hair looked stellar...and of course, I had to rock the female version of the emo combover, which surprisingly, makes me look more put together and sophisticated, rather than like emo groupie trash. It's probably because I was rocking that combover way before it became cool, way back when I had long hair, so yeah, I know how to not look like a fad.
And as of last Thursday, I believe I've officially lost 12.2 pounds. I was excited, because I could finally button that cranberry blazer that works so well with my skin and hair color. It's still a little tight, but whatever, I look totally rad in it.
Also, today rocked because Anthony from Machine handed each of us a handful of cash for working on the "sweat 'til you bleed" junk. So yeah, getting $35 in cash is sure to make me smile.

Tomorrow, it will be exactly 30 days until I have to be in New Orleans. Oh my god, I can't wait to go to Prejean's...best cajun restaurant in the entire state of Louisiana. And I can't wait to pound some Abita beer...mmm, Purple Haze. I've been catching my southern drawl come out in my speech lately...I must seriously be ready to get the fuck out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home