Wednesday, November 10, 2004

cable bones.


cable_bones
Originally uploaded by cheersfortrout.
Sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly blue, I go up to the roof of the Trin and lay on back in the cold nite air, and smoke cigarettes. I always stare up at my neighbor's cable apparatus, the one that Tonie swears he can easily rig to my television, and I just...stare at it. It reminds me of fish bones. And sometimes, I like to pretend that if my life were within a futuristic sci-fi novel, that these bones would signify the death of the 21st century.

The nite of the eclipse was a good nite to feel blue, and to pretend I was in a Kurt Vonnegut book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarabi said...

Silent ripples running thru the night.
old bones sweeping past my sight like discared toys.
Full moons and red clouds and nights of infinity.
Dead fish sailing past on the cold currents of air as I watch.

November 12, 2004 at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home