Wednesday, November 10, 2004

she's been neglecting, and neglected.

I don't really hang out at my computer much these days, seeing as how I hang out in front of one at Machine all day. I should be getting paid soon, tomorrow most likely. It was going to be today, but that didn't happen. It's cool, I'm not exactly desparate for a paycheck. Well, I am, but it's all going to go toward my damn Progressive and/or Verizon bill anyway. Sometimes I wonder if having car insurance, a home phone and dsl is worth it...okay, who am I kidding?

Yesterday was Billie's twenty-fourth birthday. Of course, I didn't get her anything, but at least I called on my lunch break, although she didn't answer due to her borderline obsession with going to the gym. It was the thought in the message that counted.

I actually just talked to Rusty about an hour ago on the phone. He was drunk and stoned as usual, but you know how it goes. So I told him about my xmas holiday plans of driving to Louisiana, and how I have to go to New Orleans to pick Billie up at the airport before we both head to the homestead. I, of course, have to stop and see Rusty in Alabama, and he's actually going to go home to NoLa for a bit to stay with friends, so of course he's going to come with me to meet Billie. Here's the thing though: he and Billie haven't really spoken in about a year or so, due to the 'incident' that occured late last summer...I forgave him, but I'm not too sure if the rest of my family has. God, and plus Patrick is supposed to accompany her home, so I don't know how it'll pan out. Hopefully, everyone will just get over it, and themselves...and have a jolly ol' time over some Southern Comfort.
This xmas will be the first time in two years that my entire family will be together...there's only five of us, and no extended family, but still. It's actually going to be awkward for me, seeing as how both Liz and Billie will have their dudes in tow. And it sucks that the topic of me needing to find/have a dude will definitely come up at least 3 or 4 times, and one of those times being over christmas dinner. In fact, the last time I spoke to my mom on the phone about two weeks ago, she asked the dreaded, "You have a boyfriend yet?" It's the 'yet' that kills me. And as usual, I had to say, "uh, no." And that was that. I wonder what would change if I actually did say yes? Would she be relieved, or something? God, she wants grandchildren like mad. The three of us actually discussed who should get knocked up, just to shut her up about it. That's actually between Liz and Billie to figure out because I obviously don't qualify. They're both willing to have kids with their respected other halves, but they're also both pussies about the childbearing factor. Oh well, it's not my problem.

I can't wait to go home. I miss my family. And I miss my Ben dog; he's the only male that loves me and I can't wait to dance with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home