Saturday, November 13, 2004

living like she's old.

I went to bed last nite at 8:30 pm. I was in the middle of watching Emeril Live but then I decided that his Thanksgiving dinner wasn't exactly that enthralling...any other episode, I would've watched the entire hour.
So I went to bed, and passed right out. I woke up, and when I looked at the clock, it was 4:20 am. Now, normally when that happens, I'll take it as a sign from Jerry Garcia and have a wake 'n bake session. But since I'm currently not getting stoned, I just layed in bed.
I got up at 5:30ish, just so I would stop thinking. I'd like to go back to bed, but I already got 8 hours of sleep, and I already had two cups of coffee. I'd better just go take a shower, cause I gotta move my car for street cleaning today, and I'm hanging out with Alison...and I wouldn't feel right if I stood her up for sleep because that's just bummy. Besides, she doesn't know this yet, but I'm dragging her to a bookstore so we can research some ideas for the iShip project that was given to me. I can't be mediocre, not for a real client...because if I am, then they'll do the design and I'll do the grudge work. And since they gave me this opportunity, I need to prove to myself that I got my degree for a reason. Plus, a real world portfolio piece would be sweet to boot.
I haven't been up this early in ages. I feel like I'm seventy years old: up at the ass crack of dawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home