Sunday, October 10, 2004

your mother's got her missionary position.

For the past few nights, I've been up at these absurd hours in the a.m. I think I went to bed at like five a.m. the last time I slept. I'll just sit in bed and channel surf. A lot of times, I find myself drawn into the Tele-Evangelist network...you know which station I'm talking about. And you know, late at night they have those christian music videos...and I can't help but watch them. I don't know, I just find it sickly engrossing. Oh, especially when they have those christian emo bands...oh, I love it! Watching the kids in the background is the best part because they're all dressed like scenesters with their black arm bands, and studded belts, and their frontward combovers...and then there they are, just having a good time: thrashing out to the band and occasionally one or two will have their arms raised in the air in that pious "V." Those kids are serious about their faith, man. I may not be into religion, or rocking out to it, for that matter, but for some odd reason, you gotta respect those people...because they're "filled with Christ love!!"

Ha. I couldn't help but be reminded of when AnTonie and I went to see Saved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home