Sunday, October 03, 2004

it's called being a good person.

So today, Saturday (it's Sunday now, whatever), Katherine, Arpita and myself did the whole annual volunteer bit with the Light the Night Walk in Camden. This year, we had a much better job, which was to man the refreshments tables. I ended up being the drink whore, and I was just constantly putting drinks in vats of ice. Carrying cases, ripping plastic, hands in ice...over and over and over. But it was fun in it's own right. The food and drinks were free, and people kept asking, "How much for...?" "Oh it's free." So I say to Katherine, "You know, we should have a donation bucket." And I handed her this little bucket that I was using for ice; she asked it if was cool, and the people in charge were all, "great!" and in the end, we ended up getting $310 in donations from the refreshment stand. That just fucking made us feel good...like we did our part for contributing to the continuation of cancer research.

It's good to be home now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home