Tuesday, October 19, 2004

hello, dearest, stay awhile?

Despite the dreary weather, it was actually a pretty productive day for me. Well, I guess it was productive if you consider watching MTV's Made for a few hours, reading the classifieds, downloading a pant load of music, and then putting them on your iPod to be productive activities. Yeah, I know...it's not productive at all. But what the hell else am I going to do?
I still haven't heard back from Machine, other than the response to my thank you email on sunday. I'm getting really anxious. I would just like to know whether or not I can skip town for awhile. I know that if I do leave for a bit, my parents will eventually find out, and they'll consider me a basketcase again...and quite possibly get extremely pissed. Whatever. I know when I'm not mentally well...and yeah, right now, I'm not well. The only thing that'll help me out, is for me to get out. And I know my mom is going to say that I should just move back in with them. And I know that I can't...I just can't. Blah. I'm sure I'll know by the end of the week, and if not, then fuck it, I'm going to Seattle. I'll call Rusty, and he'll drive to Philly, and we'll stop in Chicago, and have breakfast in Montana. Or not.
To be honest, I'd love to get the job and stay in Philly and tough it out. But to be even more honest, I wouldn't be that upset if I didn't get it.

I should really stop smoking cigarettes one day soon. Or at least start trying to stop. But then again, sometimes I just figure, "What's the point?...I'll just die of other people's secondhand smoke, or get hit by a bus."

So my late afternoon was spent hanging out with Alison and her friend, Brandi. She was a cool chick. It's always nice to meet new folk. I think the general rule is: anyone who's friends with Alison is good people. We went to the diner for dinner. It's pretty much a ritual now.

I just talked to Sheila. The dude she went out with tonite wasn't a total bust, and she's going on a second date...yay! Good for her. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a douche like her last two guys. Everybody deserves someone nice...possibly even me...but that means I'd have to let myself be deserving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home