Wednesday, February 02, 2005

she wants to be novel.

I just finished reading The Sirens of Titan about fifteen minutes ago. I know that I started it back in December, but lately I have this complex about finishing books. I think what it is, is that I don't want them to ever end. Therefore, I'll only read a few chapters or pages a night.

But, I had to finish it tonite. I'm probably the only nerd in history who felt like crying after reading this particular Vonnegut book. Sure, it was inevitably sad, but I think I wanted to cry moreso about the main idea. I had a similar idea back in my stoner days, and to read that same idea, which was written decades ago by perhaps one of the greatest writers ever just made me feel so at ease, and at the same time it made me feel so alone.

(Sigh)

So yeah. Out of all the ones that I've read thus far in my life, The Sirens of Titan is my new favorite Vonnegut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home