Friday, July 16, 2004

hit the pavement...running.

Gross...I woke up in the middle of my sleep while having this weird dream about a phone call from some random who got my number from my real estate agent. I had this acrid taste in the middle of my throat. It felt like I had to vomit. It tastes like I have to vomit. You know, all I really want these days is one night of total sleep...none of this not falling asleep until 5 a.m. stuff, and definitely no more of this horrid waking up in the middle of what could've been a decent sleep. Totally bogus.
Aside from that, my dreams have been wicked hardcore lately. I'm talking, always waking up like right when I'm about to die. It's funny how my brain never lets me see myself dead...it's better that way, but I think the reflex to wake a person up when they've just about had it is an awesome ability, and it just goes to show that you are your brain, and it's so protecting itself from danger. And because I believe that dreams are somehow connected to the eventual path in life, I'm assuming that you never see yourself die because then there's that slight possiblity of deja vous...and then ah-ha, you're dead. I think dreams, no matter how farfetched they are (...think metaphorically), do indeed reveal a series of events that will occur at some point in your life. I know that I've dreamt about someone before I ever met them, and when I did, it seemed like I've known them for years. I've definitely also seen landscapes in my dreams, and when I travel or just walk down the street, I'll say to myself, "it seems like I've been here before," or I'll say, "wasn't I just here yesterday, running this exact same errand?"
Assuming there's a science behind contingency mesmerizes me. There must be some set plan in life for everyone, locked deep within some inner sanction of our brain. And dreams are sort of like these latent clues for moving forward in solving this big mystery; sometimes what we're given seems obvious, sometimes it's not. Me, waking up right before the inevitable death blow is a slap in the face from my brain telling me that that shit ain't going down in real time, and in the event that it does, I have a heads up as to what to expect in order to get out of it. The brain definitely has an appointment to be somewhere; as bodies, we're just the transportation.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home