Sunday, January 02, 2005

did she say dirty pussy?

Shall I tell you of my drive?...of my New Year's? Why the hell not.
Wednesday I dropped Billie off at the airport in New Orleans at around 1:30ish. From there, I only got as far as York, Alabama. Some seedy trucker motel. Checked out at around 11ish. I drove to Warrior and got to Rusty and D's at around 1ish. Had a toast, then got as far as the southern outskirts of Chattanooga. In the morning, I found out the landscape was the beginnings of the mountain range. It was lovely. Had my free donut and coffee, and chatted with some 8 or 9 year old little kid. He got a guitar for christmas. Whoa. Me too. I'm truckin'. Called Katherine back at a rest area, no way in hell I'd be back for the eve. Stopped in Staunton, VA because I didn't want to be one of those sober, tired drivers who gets killed by a drunk. Made phone calls, watched the fireworks on cnn. Slept. Hello Philadelphia.
So my only resolution was to clean and rearrange my apartment, because hey, my place is, no, was just as cluttered as my parents' house. Two nights later: it looks ten times better, and feels more like home. I even cleaned that filthy basement. And as it turns out, if they would've swept down there before I moved in, I'd have known that there is a cement floor.
Back to the iShip tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home